Posted on October 7, 2014
Interview with Lynn Higgins, Tafford’s VP of Merchandising
Okay, so you’ve been buying your scrubs from Tafford.com for years now. Ever wonder who’s behind the Tafford brand? Over the next few months, we’ll give you a behind the scenes look.. We’ll not only introduce you to some of the team, but we’ll also give you a tour of the warehouse and some sneak peaks of new prints!
We’ll start with a quick Q&A session with Lynn Higgins, our Vice President of Merchandising. Let’s dive right in with the tough questions!
- Q: How long have you been with Tafford?
- A: I have been with Tafford uniforms for nine years.
- Q: What is your role?
- A: My role at Tafford uniforms is to bring medical professionals and nurses cute scrubs with great quality at a fantastic price.
- Q: What is your background?
- A: I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Fashion Merchandising from Philadelphia University and I have worked for various companies in positions including Buyer and Designer.
- Q: What inspires your fabric choice? Your print choice?
- A: For me fabrics have to be comfortable and easy care. When considering prints there are a lot of factors that come into play, first being trend. It’s important to know what’s happening out there in the fashion world and even more important to find a way to be able to bring it to our industry. Customers are also very instrumental in helping decide which prints to select. Their feedback and reaction to new colors and trends helps me pick designs that I’m sure they’re gonna love.
- Q: What are some of your favorite things about your job?
- A: The most favorite thing about my job is seeing nurses wear my scrubs. It’s such a unique sense of satisfaction to know that somebody liked your creation and bought it. It’s almost a sense of pride in a way.
- Q: Biggest challenge at your job? (related to customers and/or product)
- A: The biggest challenge of my job is trying to satisfy and please all customers all the time. Not everyone is going to always like what I design but that helps me grow and learn and makes me stronger.
- Q: One surprising fact about you.
- A: On the outside my personality always seems to be serious and professional but on the inside I can sometimes be the opposite. I like to learn new things so I am currently learning to play the flute and to speak Italian.
Tafford is driven by the passion of our team members and we want you to meet them! Keep checking our blog to meet other team members in the next coming months.